Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2008 Flying Events

I've been reinvigorated by the Australia trip. Even though I had a dismal result, (39th out of 65) I did get to goal & set a PR of 71 miles on the last task. The flying we had this Jan. & Feb. will jump-start my season. I think my Avax XC2 (arrives next week!) will give me the performance to score well if I make good decisions in the upcoming XC season. . .

I'll be flying the West Coast Paragliding Championships in Ruch, Oregon the week of June 8-14, 2008.

I'd LIKE to fly the Rat Race, also at Woodrat Mtn. in Ruch, Oregon the week of July 6-12, 2008; and the Chelan XC Open, in Chelan WA. July 28th-Aug 2nd. I don't have the time off yet for those comps.

I'm also planning to fly the U.S. Nationals in the Owens Valley Sept. 14-20.

In addition, I'll be flying as many of the Northern CA XC League (Jug comps) as I can this summer.

So here's the Calendar:

BAPA Comp March 29th and 30th Potato Hill
BAPA Comp April 12th and 13th Dunlap
Comp Clinic May 2nd and 3rd Competition Clinic in SBA
BAPA Comp May 17th and 18th to be Potato Hill
WCPC June 8-14 Ruch, OR
BAPA Comp June 21st and 22nd Dunlap
Rat Race July 6th-12th Ruch, OR
BAPA Comp July 19th and 20th Potato Hill
Chelan XC Open July 28th-Aug.3rd Chelan, WA
BAPA Comp August 9th and 10th Dunlap
BAPA Comp September 6th and 7th Potato Hill

U.S. Nationals Sept 14th - 20th Bishop, CA
BAPA Comp October 4th, 5th and 6th Owens Valley
SCXC Comp November 15th-16th Santa Barbara
SCXC Comp December 6th-7th Santa Barbara


Tim

No comments: