Friday, June 11, 2010

Rat Race folks

The 2010 Rat Race begins this week in Ruch, Oregon.

This paragliding competition is a great event that is geared to the newer XC pilot who wants to experience the competition scene in a less intense and more instructive environment.  A mentoring program pairs experienced pilots with those who are new to the sport.  Safety is emphasized and tasks are designed to provide challenging but safe routes through the Oregon hills.

Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't allow me to fly this comp in 2010.  Fly Safe and have fun!

For those of you looking for a map of the waypoints in the Woodrat area, HERE is one I built a few years back.

If you haven't seen it yet, I've written an article geared to newer XC comp pilots and it can be downloaded HERE.

I wrote and article for the Rat Race Pilot Handout a couple years back (not sure if it's still included) and it can be read HERE

The official Rat Race Website is HERE.
Official Rat Race Results are HERE

I hope the week is as instructive and enjoyable for you, as every Rat Race I've flown has been for me.

Tim
.

No comments: